Thursday, May 1, 2008

Book 70

Laziest book reviewer ever.

Book 70 wasn't really a book-it was a literary journal. So it's kind of a magazine, but I counted it as a book since it read like a book. It was the Spring 2008 edition of the Virginia Quarterly Review, put out by the U of Virginia (now there's a shocker).

I first heard of this journal through Bookslut-and they were totally correct about it. This was a great read. Three original short stories, a variety of poems, and several essays and stories about things like the Galapogos Islands and the evil that is Pat Robertson. I am certainly going to subscribe to this lovely journal.

The Virginia Quarterly Review 
0/7/70

2 comments:

Waldo Jaquith said...

You like us, you really like us! :)

Wouldn't it be awesome if, when you finished a great book, you could say "well, I am certainly going to subscribe to this book"?

Hey, I just noticed that we just won a National Magazine Award a few minutes ago. Cool!

moonshower said...

I really did. VRQ was one of the most interesting magazines I have read in a long time.